Redesigning your website and/ or your app, especially after years where no major changes have been made, is an opportunity to improve the value of your business by making the brand more relevant and up-to-date with modern trends and technologies.
The process is not easy, nor short, as it involves a detailed analysis of the current state of the website/ app, in order to understand where improvements can be made that can benefit your target audience. In addition to the initial research, there’s also a lot of trial and error involved where certain functionalities and extensions need to be tested by the developers prior to being proposed to you as valid options.
Once developers have thoroughly created the schema for your website/ app, you will then have to go through several sessions of feedback which once again, can prolongue the delivery date as often owners can make their minds up about something or can ad-hoc request additional features or components.
The main reasons why you should always think about redesigning your website/ app every couple of years can be comprised in very few compact ideas:
- improve the user experience and make the website/ app more intuitive and easy to navigate through;
- adapt to new industry trends and best practices by using the latest technology;
- change the products and the message according to the user needs which periodically change as well;
- solve any current technical issues or on-going technical barriers that obstruct you from fully exploiting your position on the market;
- improve your brand identity through updated visual design and even rebranding;
- improve the performance and scalability of your website/ app in order to meet increased traffic spikes;
- improve security measures in order to keep any potential harm at bay as the current risk of digital attacks being on an increasing trend;
- and last but not least, improve optimization on all devices which differ more and more in layouts and tech.
In our agency, rebranding or redesigning a website/ app follows a clear process which we have figured out to work the best in the interest of our clients. Therefore, there are a few key steps we need to check in order to greenlit any such project.
- Consult the business owners in order to establish the objective of the redesign.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of what’s being demanded and what can be realistically offered.
- Set up clear and realistic expectations for the final result.
- Research, test, and propose the relevant tools, designs and functionalities.
- Begin the development process.
- Engage in feedback sessions during critical points of the development with the business owners.
- Make the final adjustments and operate the final polish.
- Deliver the new website/ app and monitor the performance and fix any issues that could derive from our work for one month, free of charge.
By having a clear operational procedure in place, we can standardize our web deisgn offers and processes, which enables us to deliver high-fidelity results. However, the complexity of the project will always play a role in the level of management that will be needed after stability has been achieved.
Different websites such as magento stores or complex testing database-based applications will require more attention and better server infrastructure, while also having an increased risk of issues appearing even after a solid launch, mostly because a natural interaction between users and your website/ app will often generate different results which can cause various errors, as opposed to mimicking high traffic and interaction through bots and AI. Therefore all clients will always be kept in the loop with the status of their website/ app and the server performance and will always be reminded of the potential risks and/ or necessary actions that need to be taken in advance or after an issue has been detected.